Use this clear overlaminate to provide an extra layer of protection and/or enhance the gloss of an electrostatically imaged graphic – both indoors and out. It also can be used to laminate selected Piezo Ink Jet graphics.
When used with compatible products, produced by one of 3M’s Scotchprint® Graphics Authorized Manufacturers and applied according to written instructions, this film can be used to produce a Scotchprint® Graphic.
· Overlaminate 8908 (ES) produces a luster finish and can be used with most squeeze roll laminators; no heat is required.
· This overlaminate features 3M’s patented e-film technology, offering the following benefits:
· minimal shrinkage, resulting in no edge lifting
· flexibility at a wider range of temperatures
· good surface conformance
· excellent cutting capabilities
Overlaminate 8908 (ES):
· is a 2 mil (0.05 mm) transparent, vinyl film; 3 mil (0.08 mm) with the adhesive
· has a clear, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive
· has a 78# paper liner
This film can be used on flat surfaces with or without rivets, simple curved surfaces and corrugated surfaces. It has a lamination temperature range of 50º to 90ºF (10º to 32ºC).
Overlaminate 8908 (ES) can be used to laminate:
· Selected 3M™ Controltac™ Plus Electrostatic Graphic Films
· Selected 3M™ Scotchcal™ Graphic Films (ES)
· 3M™ Banner Material RG8450
3M™ MCS™ Warranty
This product is covered by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty – the most comprehensive warranty in the industry.
Additional Product Information
Overlaminate 8908 (ES) is available in 35.5”, 49” and 53.5” wide by 100-yard long rolls.
This overlaminate has a shelf life of two years. It should be stored in a clean, dry area, out of direct sunlight, and at a temperature less than 100ºF (38ºC).
For more specific product information, please refer to Product Bulletin 8908.