Use this durable, changeable film to create interior and exterior graphics, including flexible signage, bus graphics, commercial vehicle or fleet graphics, emblems and striping, mass-transit interior graphics, point-of-purchase and trade show displays, vending or dispensing machine graphics and refrigerator case graphics.
When used with compatible products, produced by one of 3M’s Scotchprint® Graphics Authorized Manufacturers and applied according to written instructions, this film can be used to produce a Scotchprint® Graphic.
· Film 8655 (ES) is available in white, opaque vinyl.
· Graphics made using this film can be easily removed for up to one year without using heat or accessories.
· The adhesive on film 8655 (ES) is gray, giving it excellent hiding power.
· Film 8655 (ES) has a wide application and removal temperature range, making it ideal for use in nearly any climate.
Film 8655 (ES):
· is a 4 mil (0.10 mm) opaque, white vinyl film; 4.5 to 5 mil (0.11 to 0.13 mm) with the adhesive
· has a changeable, grey pressure-sensitive adhesive, which adheres quickly to a substrate
· has a 94# polyethylene-coated, paper liner
This film can be used on flat surfaces with and without rivets. Appropriate substrates include glass, metal, stainless steel, paint and rigid plastic. It also can be used to decorate 3M™ Panaflex™ Awning and Sign Facing 945 GPS or Series 946 GPS. Film 8655 (ES) has an application temperature range of 28º to 110ºF (-2º to 43ºC).
Image graphics onto this film using:
· Scotchprint® Exterior Toner Series 8700/8800
· 3M™ Image Transfer Media 8601 (ES) (all versions)
· Selected 3M™ Scotchcal™ Overlaminates (ES)
· 3M™ Scotchcal™ Screen Print Clear 8920 (ES)
3M™ MCS™ Warranty
This product is covered by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty – the most comprehensive warranty in the industry.
Additional Product Information
Film 8655 (ES) is available in 35.5”, 49” and 54” wide x 50-yard long rolls and 54” wide x 100-yard long rolls.
Unprocessed film has a shelf life of two years; processed film has a shelf life of one year. It should be stored in a clean, dry area, out of direct sunlight and at a temperature less than 100ºF (38ºC).
For more specific product information, please refer to Product Bulletin 8655.