Use this durable film to create interior and exterior graphics and signs, commercial vehicle and fleet graphics and point-of-purchase and trade show displays.
When used with compatible products, produced by one of 3M’s Scotchprint® Graphics Authorized Manufacturers and applied according to written instructions, this film can be used to produce a Scotchprint® Graphic.
· Film 8641 (ES) is well suited for making large graphics and should be electrostatically imaged with the heat transfer method.
· The permanent adhesive makes this film ideal for application to disposable substrates such as foamboard and other display boards.
Film 8641 (ES)
· is a 4 mil (0.10 mm) white, vinyl film; 5 mil (0.13) with the adhesive
· has a clear, pressure-sensitive adhesive, which adheres quickly to a substrate
· has a 90# polyethylene-coated, paper liner
This film can be used on first or second flat surfaces without rivets. Appropriate substrates include ABS resins, aluminum, chrome, glass and paint. Film 8641 (ES) has an application temperature range of 50º to 100ºF (10º to 38ºC).
Image graphics onto this film using:
· Scotchprint® Exterior Toner Series 8700/8800
· 3M™ Image Transfer Media 8601 (ES) (all versions)
· Selected 3M™ Scotchcal™ Overlaminates (ES)
3M™ MCS™ Warranty
This product is covered by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty – the most comprehensive warranty in the industry.
Additional Product Information
Film 8641 (ES) is available in 36” and 54” wide x 100-yard long rolls. Longer roll lengths are available upon request.
Unprocessed film has a shelf life of two years; processed film has a shelf life on one year. It should be stored in a clean, dry area, out of direct sunlight and at a temperature less than 100ºF (38ºC).
For more specific product information, please refer to Product Bulletin 8641.